Sunday, March 6, 2011

Stop Your Detour

     I set out with a willing heart for things to come in 2011. I must say that I remember the fire being a little hotter during the start of 2010. Why the difference you may ask? The simple answer would be that I started 2011 with my own plan of action. Yes, I believed that God had my back all the way, but I had taken the lead. We always want to control it…when will we learn God does his job perfectly well? LOL.
I will say that I had the same desires that I had in 2010 going into 2011, and that was to do more and be a better me. Not to mention my heart and mind when it comes to helping the youth and others was still a top priority in my life.
I can say that 2011 offered a little more on my plate than 2010, with regards to helping family. 2011 has been challenging in ways that I did not originally expect. Regardless of the challenges I have to endure them to get the things on my list of goals complete.

I will share something with you guys since I know we can speak to each other from the heart...right?

I have always loved to write I like that I can express myself-feelings and thoughts uninterrupted and get my point across. My love for books and reading is only second to that. However during my school days right around 9th grade or so, things that I thought that I understood about my English and writing classes didn't come so easy and it showed in my grades (my outside life also played a part in this as well).

Long story short I found myself feeling hurt, and not loving to write as much as I used to. I had accepted doubt that I would ever be a good writer, and along the way I was also told by someone that writers don't make much money, so I should consider something else.
I recently found out that I did not get into the nursing program (this is also a heartfelt passion of mine...to help others that cannot help themselves). This is something that I really wanted to do in my life, and the opportunity was stripped from me.
The falling down of my great war to conquering my goals and knocking down any challenge that stood in my way came to a sudden stop…now what do I do?

I felt like, determination was not even worth the “d” it started with. Taking me back to thoughts of my 9th grade English class, here we go with another passion being taken away.
I have since come to realize, thanks to prayer, encouraging words, and tough talk with love from some mentors that “I” determine my fate. No one (human person) can take anything from me. I have to be committed to making it happen for self.

Nursing may still be in my future. Or writing could be the key. I am praying and taking "signs" for what they are -signs pointing me in the direction that I should go.

So to you I would say don't let what did not happen last year, or what did not start off right this year detour you from what your heart desires along with what God has for you.

Just P.U.S.H Pray Until Something Happens!
Please share this blog with at least 2 friends. Thanks

Shayla

-"Trust God and Love Yourself!"

1 comment: